3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2014 6:53 PM by Rob Richard

How to build rhodes gem on Win

Rob Richard

I just did this a couple of days ago, and either I forgot how to do this, or there is something wrong with the master branch (which actually I think there is Quality Control?, but not related to the rake - at least I hope not).  I recall seeing a post somewhere that the method of installing the gem is no longer what it used to be, but can't for the life of me find it again.  Could someone please refresh my on the process?  Is this it:

1. Download zip file from github (https://github.com/rhomobile/rhodes).

2. Unzip into the appropriate location.  For me, I'm adding it to my project so that I don't overwrite the existing rhodes gem.

3. Adjust the rhobuild.yml file to contain the approriate java, android, and android ndk paths.

4. Open a command prompt and navigate to the folder containing the master branch files.

5. Type rake rhodes at the command line.

And if someone from Motorola reads this, could you please update the github page to reflect this process so others don't have the same issue?

• Re: How to build rhodes gem on Win
            Rob Richard

This is what I receive:

C:\Users\Rob\rhostudio\Orion\rhodes-master>rake --trace rhodes

cd C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:93: warning: alr

eady initialized constant OPT_TABLE

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1268: warning: a

lready initialized constant S_IF_DOOR

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1496: warning: a

lready initialized constant DIRECTORY_TERM

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1500: warning: a

lready initialized constant SYSCASE

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1619: warning: a

lready initialized constant LOW_METHODS

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/1.9.1/FileUtils.rb:1625: warning: a

lready initialized constant METHODS

rake aborted!

Don't know how to build task 'rhodes'

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rak

e/task_manager.rb:49:in `[]'

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rak

e/application.rb:142:in `invoke_task'

e/application.rb:101:in `block (2 levels) in top_level'

e/application.rb:101:in `each'

e/application.rb:101:in `block in top_level'

e/application.rb:110:in `run_with_threads'

e/application.rb:95:in `top_level'

e/application.rb:73:in `block in run'

e/application.rb:160:in `standard_exception_handling'

e/application.rb:70:in `run'

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/bin/rak

e:33:in `<top (required)>'

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/bin/rake:23:in `load'

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/bin/rake:23:in `<main>'

C:\Users\Rob\rhostudio\Orion\rhodes-master>