8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 5:43 AM by Bob Walker

SB1-apps.json remote file not being loaded/accessed

Bob Walker

I've looked over some of the other posts here concerning a remote apps.json file.

I have modified the config.js in Userdrive/config.

I've configured it to look at our server 'http://myServer:8080/SB1' for the apps.json file.  Also in the configuration I have it configured to access the default badge and both shortcut buttons.

The default badge will display with no issues.  The shortcut images display a question mark like it could not find the files.  The application screen shows no applications configured.

When I do a tcpdump between the server and device I do not see an attempt to access the apps.json file or the image files for the shortcuts.  I can see traffic for the default badge and its associated data files.

The log file on the sb1 is showing me 'ERROR: FileTransfer CHttp::GetFile Failed to open the URL 155 2012-01-01 12:00:30'.  I'm assuming this is happening when the sb1 attempts to fetch the apps.json file.

I have checked and double checked:  All url's, server file locations, server file permissions.  I have validated that the files can be reached from an external device.

I obviously have a gap in my configuration somewhere.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....