RhoHub error: Exception during build process

Hi,

I am trying to use RhoHub to create an iOS build for an application that I have created via RhoStudio.The application runs fine and has been deployed for about a year in the Android environment.

I have pushed the git repo to RhoHub and tried the build process, but I am getting the following error:

Exception during build process: #<Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory - build.yml>

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Frank

Kutir Mobility
Frank,This issue needs help

Frank,

This issue needs help from Motorola. We will raise this issue with them to get an answer.

Visnupriya R

Kutir Mobility

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Lars Burgess
#<Errno::ENOENT: No such file

#<Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory - build.yml>?

This means simply that the RhoHub build instance handling your build was unable to find a build.yml file in the git repository for your app.

-Lars

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Frank Bohac
I assumed that was the case.

I assumed that was the case. The question is: why didnt it find the file (which is in fact part of the git repo).

Frank

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Frank Bohac
Hi,I didnt hear back on my

Hi,

I didnt hear back on my last question: how do I fix this problem?

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Lars Burgess
Hello,Please send me the

Hello,

Please send me the username and app name you're having trouble with and we can take a look.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Frank Bohac
Hi,The user name is

Hi,

The user name is :frankboahc

The app name is: Spray_calculators_Dev

The url to the rhohub remote git is: git@git.rhohub.com:frankbohac/Spray_calculators_Dev.git

Frank

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Frank Bohac
Did you find the problem?

Did you find the problem?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Frank Bohac
Hi,I haven't heard back from

Hi,

I haven't heard back from anyone. Do we have a fix?

Frank

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Lars Burgess
Your repo has a nested folder

Your repo has a nested folder in it: Spray_Calculators_New.  RhoHub's build service doesn't support recursive searching for rhodes application directories so the top-level of the repo needs to contain the content of your app you want to build.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Frank Bohac
As far as I know there isnt

As far as I know there isnt any other way to create the repo. I am using RhoStudio to manage the git repo and I dont see any way to request any other folder structure for it.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Frank Bohac
Hi,I checked again and I cant

Hi,

I checked again and I cant find anyway in RhoStudio to create a different repo directory structure, nor can I see a way to send only portions of the repo to RHoHub.

Please send me the instructions to fix this problem.

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Frank Bohac
Hi,Do we have a fix for this?

Hi,

Do we have a fix for this?

Frank

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Frank Bohac
Hi,Is anyone there? I havent

Hi,

Is anyone there? I havent heard anything back.....

Frank

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

DecisionPoint K...
It sounds like your Git

It sounds like your Git repository contains a subdirectory, which is not accurately displayed in RhoStudio. I'm not a huge fan of Eclipse because it makes these things harder to debug, because as far as you can see, everything is just fine .

Here's my suggestion: Use the git command line to move everything from your subdirectory into the root. You'd do something like this:

cd subdirectory
git mv * ..
git commit -m "Move subdirectory to root."

You should be left with an empty subdirectory at this point. Assuming you're on Windows (since you're using RhoHub to build iOS), you can use git ls-files to show you every file Git is aware of. Look for anything left in the subdirectory, and specifically git mv any files to where they would go without the subdirectory in the way. Thus, subdirectory/thing/thing/thing/file would become thing/thing/thing/file.

Next, you'll have to re-add the project to RhoStudio. The parent directory of your subdirectory should itself be a subdirectory in your workspace. If you created a git repository that is your workspace, you can cut the workspace directory and paste it on your desktop, then recreate the workspace directory, then rename your old workspace on your desktop to match your project name, and then cut-paste it back into the new workspace.

Hope that helps!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Frank Bohac
Hi,The subdirectory is

Hi,

The subdirectory is displayed in RHoStudio (RHoStudio created the directory).

Im not sure what Eclipse is. Can you give me some more information?

Where is the git command line in RhoStudio?

How do I re-add the project to RHoStudio.

I didnt understand 'The parent directory of your subdirectory should itself be a subdirectory in your workspace. If you created a git repository that is your workspace, you can cut the workspace directory and paste it on your desktop, then recreate the workspace directory, then rename your old workspace on your desktop to match your project name, and then cut-paste it back into the new workspace.'

Frank

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

DecisionPoint K...
Eclipse is an IDE that a ton

Eclipse is an IDE that a ton of companies rebrand and add their own modules to. RhoStudio is Eclipse with some Rho-specific stuff added. Titanium Studio is also Eclipse, and at one point Lotus Notes was as well (it might still be). Eclipse is very flexible as an IDE and application development platform, but all the different versions of Eclipse for software development are largely the same in terms of IDE quality, and I'm not a huge fan. That's why I use Sublime Text 2. You can also use Visual Studio, but bear in mind that IntelliSense isn't going to work very well (this is why Microsoft web development typically uses TypeScript for JavaScript - you need those type hints to make IntelliSense useful).

There is no Git command line in RhoStudio - you'd open PowerShell or Command Prompt and cd to the appropriate directory (if on Windows; on MacOS X, you'd open Terminal).

Eclipse (and therefore RhoStudio) requires a workspace. This might be a Projects directory, which contains all of your projects, or it might be more like a Visual Studio solution, in that one workspace exists per solution. However you set that up is your choice, and you made that choice on the first run of RhoStudio. When you created your Git repository, you should have created it within a subdirectory of your workspace, though Eclipse doesn't really forbid you from making your entire workspace a Git repository. If you've done that (you can tell by going to a file browser [Windows Explorer, Finder] and looking for a directory called .git [which will be hidden by default]), you'll have to move a bunch of things around to make everything work properly. You might also end up having to do some weird things with other projects, if you've created other projects in your workspace.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’