4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2014 11:20 AM by Adel Sari

Custom route and login_required

Adel Sari

Hi,

i have a custom route in my application controller (RhoConnect 4 application) declared like this

post '/saveData', :login_required => true do

#my code here

end

i can access the route from my rhodes app but i receive a 401 error.

What should i pass to this function (session, login & password) from my rhodes app to be a valid call ?

thanks

• Re: Custom route and login_required

:login_required checks that the request contains authenticated user's session cookie. This cookie is internal to RhoConnect Client when you do the login, so you can't access it directly from the app.

You would need to call authenticate route POST /rc/v1/app/login again directly (using RESTClient - passing username and password in the JSON body as {"login":"<your_name>","password":<your_password>"} ) , store the returned Session Cookie - and then, use it to call your custom route.

Max.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Custom route and login_required
            Adel Sari

i tried this code, but not working

in my rhodes application:

def sendToServer

res = Rho::RHO.get_user_db.execute_sql("select session from client_info")

my_session = res[0]['session'].inspect

propertyMap = Hash.new

propertyMap['url'] = Rho::RhoConfig.syncserver + "/rc/v1/app/saveData"

propertyMap['headers'] = {'Cookie' => my_session }

propertyMap['httpVerb'] = "POST"

propertyMap['body'] = "product_id=" + product_id + "&data=" + $data

Rho::Network.post(propertyMap, url_for(:action => :sendToServer _callback))

end

i still get the error 401 (You entered an invalid login/password)