7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2014 12:47 PM by Daniel Silva

Barcode problem with MC40N0

mobeid@asapsystems.com

hello, i have a problem when i scan a barcode using the MC40N0. for example I scan SS-95118 and it input SS-95118R. It seems to be a problem with this specific device.  I scan with any other platform and it works completely fine.  I am working with a newer MC40N0. i'm using RhoElement 4.0 / Rhodes 4.0. please i need some help. Sincerely, Mazen

• Re: Barcode problem with MC40N0
          Derek Warren

Might want to check Datawedge to make sure their isn't a profile that is adding the R, since it is just specific to this 1 device.

mobeid@asapsystems.com

please can you explain more ? how can i check the Datawedge ? please let me know if you have some more details!. Sincerely

Derek Warren

In the Android launcher you'll see an application named Datawedge, open the application.

If you just want to set Datawedge back to Factory default:

- Hit the Menu button (To the right of Home)

- Settings

- Touch 'Restore'

Otherwise just disable the Profile0 by:

- Select Profile0

- Uncheck 'Profile enabled'

mobeid@asapsystems.com

I tried this but it still not working, every time i have a character on the end of bar code after scanning it.

Daniel Silva

Can you scan that barcode using the DWDEMO app on the device and let us know what type of barcode it is and whether the letter shows up there as well? After you scan the barcode there, it will show what Symbology and the data that was received (you might need to turn the device to landscape mode to see the details).  After you try that, I would actually try completely disabling datawedge and see if you still see the same issue in your app.  You can do that by selecting the Datawedge app, then pressing the menu button on the device, then Settings, and deselect Datawedge enabled.  Just note that the DWDEMO app will not work with Datawedge disabled.

mobeid@asapsystems.com

Hello Daniel,

I tried that you mention using DWDemo and i have the same problem, the barcode type is Code128.

the bar code that i scanned is : SS-54694, after scanning i have this : SS-54694Y and some times i have SS-54694+ and some times i have SS-54694R, so the last character is random.

when i disabled the Datawedge the scanner doesn't work.

any idea ?

Sincerely,

• Re: Re: Barcode problem with MC40N0
                                  Daniel Silva

If you are unable to scan in your app without datawedge running, that tells me that your barcode code in your app is not working.  Datawedge was probably just feeding you the data as if it was coming from the keyboard.

If you have a document you can attach with the barcodes on it, I could try them here, but if you are scanning the same barcode and getting a different result each time, that sounds very odd. Just to be sure there is not some wrong setting in datawedge, you could reset it to factory defaults. In that same Datawedge settings page, down at the bottom there is a "restore" option. 

In your rhoelements code, for a motorola device, you should be using the enable function. This should enable the scanner so that when you press the trigger it lights up.

function enableSCN()

{

Rho.Barcode.allDecoders = true;

Rho.Barcode.enable({}, doScan);

}

And then the callback gets the barcode data in the "data" element when the scanner actually reads a barcode.

function doScan(params)

{

alert('Scanned Data is: ' + params["data"]);

Rho.Barcode.stop();

}