2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 12:08 PM by Adel Sari

How can I hide the Navigation bar (Back, Home, End Session) while my application is visible?

How can I hide the Navigation bar (Back, Home, End Session) while my application is visible?

• Re: How can I hide the Navigation bar (Back, Home, End Session) while my application is visible?

Add the following method to your Activity and invoke from onResume.

The only part different from normal Android is the addition of the flag 0x4 that tells the OS to keep the navigation bar hidden.

private void setFullScreen(final boolean fullscreen) {

// Hide/show the system bar

Window window = getWindow();

window.setFlags(fullscreen ?

WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN : 0,

WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN);

if (fullscreen) {

// Keep the system bar hidden in full screen mode

window.getDecorView().setOnSystemUiVisibilityChangeListener(new OnSystemUiVisibilityChangeListener() {

@Override

public void onSystemUiVisibilityChange(int visibility) {

if ((visibility & View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION) != 0) {

getWindow().setFlags(

WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN,

WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN);

}

else {

getWindow().getDecorView().setSystemUiVisibility(

View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION | 0x4);

}

}

});

}

else {

window.getDecorView().setOnSystemUiVisibilityChangeListener(null);

}

window.getDecorView().setSystemUiVisibility(

fullscreen ? (View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION | 0x4) : 0);

}