How to remap MK3190 function buttons?

Hi,

I own on MK3190 running Windows Embedded 7 rev. 01.28.20. How can I remap the 4 hardware buttons of the MK3190 which are set to: Up, Down, Enter & Escape?

I can read in the Product Reference Guide of the MK3100 that it is possible reassign new values by modifying their respective registry values. See Figure 1.

Fig 1. Default registry values of the 4 hardware buttons of MK3100 as described in its product reference guide manual.

MK3190_FN.JPG

Nonetheless, I do not see these values when I look at the branch HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD. See Figure 2.

Fig 2. MK3190 HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD

MK3190_KBD.jpg

Any comment appreciated.

Khai-Van PHU

Pietro Francesc...
Ciao Khai,have you tried

Ciao Khai,

have you tried creating those key in the registry?

Second option, download the KbdNop.dll driver on a PC and look into it with an HEX editor... you may find which Registry Key it's really using.

Third option, ask to MK3190 PM you can find his/her name on the PMB

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Khai-Van Phu
Hello Pietro,I created the

Hello Pietro,

I created the following registry key => P1 - TRIG01 = "KeyCode"=dword:0040 (see figure below) in branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD.

I want Function Button 1 of my MK3190 to generate the @ (asciii 0x40) when pressed.

Then I made a "Warm Reset" of my MK3190.

snapshot1.jpg

In Microsoft WordPad of the MK3190 when I pressed the Function Button 1, I see it is still mapped to the up arrow key.

Khai-Van PHU

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’