9 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2014 3:00 PM by Pablo Moriconi

RHO Elements Browser for MC9190G Windows CE 6.0

Pablo Moriconi

I need a Rho Elements Browser for the MC9190G WCE6.0

I will use it like a replacement of Internet Explorer because IE doesn´t work very well for some web pages.

I tested Rho Elements Runtime CE v.2.2.1.13 and it works fine to open a personal web page.

How can I do to buy a license for this browser?

I don´t know wich bundle to buy. I see this bundles in Solution Builder

- RhoMobile Suite

- SW-RHOSTE-499-PD  RhoElements & RhoConnect Perpetual Device Licenses - 1-499 Licenses.

- RhoMobile Suite Version 4: 

- SW-RHOBV4-PA    RhoElements/RhoConnect Version 4 Application License Bundle – Single Application per Device

- SW-RHOBV4-PD    RhoElements/RhoConnect Version 4 Device License Bundle – Unlimited Apps per Device

- SW-RHOCV4-PA    RhoConnect Version 4 Application License – Single Application per Device

- SW-RHOCV4-PD    RhoConnect Version 4 Device License – Unlimited Apps per Device

- SW-RHOEV4-PA    RhoElements Version 4 Application License – Single Application per Device

- SW-RHOEV4-PD    RhoElements Version 4 Device License – Unlimited Apps per Device

- SW-RHOHUB-ENT  RhoHub Enterprise Subscription – One year enterprise subscription to RhoHub

- SW-RHOHUB-PRE  RhoHub Premium Subscription – One year premium subscription to RhoHub

- RhoElements Version 2

- SW-RHOEV2-199-PDLA FOR LATIN AMERICA AND APAC REGIONS ONLY. RhoElements Version 2 Perpetual Device License - 1-199 Licenses.

- SW-RHOEV2-1K_-PD RhoElements Version 2 Perpetual Device License - 1K+ Licenses.

- SW-RHOEV2-499-PD          RhoElements Version 2 Perpetual Device License - 1-499 Licenses.

- SW-RHOSTE-1K_-PA    RhoElements & RhoConnect Perpetual Application Licenses - 1K+ Licenses.

- SW-RHOSTE-499-PA    RhoElements & RhoConnect Perpetual Application Licenses - 1-499 Licenses.

- SW-RHOSTE-499-PD    RhoElements & RhoConnect Perpetual Device Licenses - 1-499 Licenses.

- SW-RHOBV4-PD          RhoElements/RhoConnect Version 4 Device License Bundle – Unlimited Apps per Device

- SW-RHOBV4-PA          RhoElements/RhoConnect Version 4 Application License Bundle – Single Application per Device

- SW-RHOEV2-1K_-PD   RhoElements Version 2 Perpetual Device License - 1K+ Licenses.

Regards,

• Re: RHO Elements Browser for MC9190G Windows CE 6.0
          Peter Arcuri

Pablo, based on the simple requirements you have stated then the simplest route would be to purchase - SW-RHOEV2-499-PD - RhoElements Version 2 Perpetual Device License - 1-499 Licenses.

However, the latest version or RhoElements is 4.x naturally has enhancements over version 2.2. I would suggest testing your app with version 4.0 or 4.1 and if all is well, which it should, then you would purchase - SW-RHOEV4-PD - RhoElements Version 4 Device License – Unlimited Apps per Device.

Note version 2.2 license doesn't transfer to version 4.x. So if you choose to go with v2.2 you would be better off purchasing the maintenance contract as this gives you the ability to upgrade to v4.x at no charge within the contract period.

Hope this helps clarify the pricing structure.

Pablo Moriconi

Peter, if there is one single Web Page to access (Intranet Web Page), can I buy SW-RHOEV4-PA (Single Application per Device)?

For example: I access to http://10.0.0.1/WebApp.asp

If this web page redirects me to another internal web page, this is counted like 2 Applications?

Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Pablo,

the wording around "single application" and "unlimited applications" is intended for using RhoElements as a development framework.

When you are using the Shared Runtime as an Industrial Browser you need to have the device license.

Even if there's no technical enforcement on this need. Using a device license plus the relevant maintenance will give you access to the updates coming this summer regarding the Industrial Browser use case.

Between RhoElements v2 and RhoElements v4, it's better you choose v4, as this includes a persistent version for the Shared Runtime, that is probably a better option for a WinCE device.

The relevant SKUs are:

RhoElements Perpetual device license

SW-RHOEV4-PD

RhoElements Device Maintenance License

One Year - (SWS-RHOEV4-PD-10)

Three Years - (SSW-RHOEV4-PD-30)

Reach out to your local MotorolaSolutions office or to a Motorola Solutions Distributor to have more information on how to buy them.

~Pietro

Peter Arcuri

Pablo, that is correct an app license is for accessing a web page. Archetecture of the app is up to you. As long as the app name is consistent with the name you submitted for an app license. See relevant docs:

Rhomobile | Licensing

Screen Shot 2014-04-25 at 9.48.26 AM.png

Pablo Moriconi

Who can crarify this?

[ There are two types of device license, both of which are applied in the same way.

Device specific licenses are tied to the specific device and only apply to that device, trying to apply a device specific license to another device will fail.

Deployment licenses are not tied to a specific device, a single deployment license will work across an entire deployment and is most useful when including the license file in your device deployment or licensing non-Motorola Solutions devices. ]

I need to know what is the Part Number corresponding to Deployment Licenses.

Also, I would like to know if I have 2 MC9190G how many Deployment Licenses should I buy.

• Re: Re: RHO Elements Browser for MC9190G Windows CE 6.0
                      Peter Arcuri

The verbiage you have highlighted is associated with Device license. The product associated with Device license is SW-RHOEV4-PD - RhoElements Version 4 Device License – Unlimited Apps per Device. The application of this Device license whether "device specific" or "deployment" is your choice. The 2 ways are:

1. Device specific method is covered in this section

Applying a Device License via the Wizard

2. Deployment method is covered in this section

Applying a Device License via a File

Have you made a decision whether you want an App license (SW-RHOEV4-PA - RhoElements Version 4 Application License – Single Application per Device) or a Device license (SW-RHOEV4-PD - RhoElements Version 4 Device License – Unlimited Apps per Device)

To note, there is only one way for applying an App license:

Applying an Application License

Regarding your question around your 2 MC9190G devices, you would need 2 of either App license or Device license. Your choice (red or blue) based on your requirement.

Hope this helps.