Failed to provision DeviceOwner: "Certificate is not installed"

Hello,

I was trying to set Device Owner on TC72 running android 8.1, but it fails both with stagenow barcode scanning and with executing provisioning xml with MxFramework.

E/MXCspProcessXml: processXmlRequest: Post processXmlRequest() process: error found in TLC =Intent, return from CSP =<wap-provisioningdoc><characteristic-error type="Intent" version="8.3" desc="exception"><parm-error name="Action" value="EnrollDeviceOwner" desc="Certificate is not installed "/><parm name="Package" value="com.b2msolutions.mprodigy"/><parm name="Class" value="com.b2msolutions.mprodigy.android.receivers.AdminReceiver"/></characteristic-error></wap-provisioningdoc>

Same application is successfully provisioned as Device Owner with nfc or adb.

This is command to set it as device owner.
<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="Intent" version="7.0" >
<parm name="Action" value="EnrollDeviceOwner"/>
<parm name="Package" value="com.company.app"/>
<parm name="Class" value="com.company.app.DeviceAdminReceiver"/>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

I cant find any information about this certificate requirement. What does it mean and how to address this?

Thanks

Darryn Campbell
Hi, do you already have an

Hi, do you already have an existing Device Admin or Device Owner installed?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Richard Harding
@Darryn Campbell no this

@Darryn Campbell no this error is only thrown when device is in clean state after factory reset. If device owner is already set it throws "This application is already device owner"

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Azzam Affan
Hi Richard,

Hi Richard,

Can you please send me an email at azzam.affan@zebra.com and I will look at the issue with you.

Thanks

Azzam

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’