To improve operations, facility managers need to understand complex information about their mobile devices, but this information is often hidden in separate places. Zebra VisibilityIQ™ APIs empower users with three key business sets of information:
- Knowing what assets you have
- Knowing where your assets are
- Knowing your assets’ health
Zebra VisibilityIQ APIs expose volumes of detailed information related to device health, availability, utilization, and support. Powered by Zebra Savanna software, we conduct detailed analytics on this data to direct the customer’s best next action, ensuring your workers are available to focus on their most impactful tasks.
Zebra consolidates your support/repair data and collects more than 250 machine-level data points across software, battery, and devices and distills this down into actionable insights.
- View VisibilityIQ OneCare, Foresight, and API features Features At A Glance
- Learn more about VisibilityIQ OneCare and Foresight
- The VisibilityIQ APIs can be purchased in a comprehensive package that includes both the Value-Add APIs and Aggregated APIs or the Aggregated APIs can be purchased separately. Additionally the APIs can be purchased in conjunction with VisibilityIQ Foresight.
- To purchase, contact your Zebra Account Manager.
- Questions? Check the FAQ.
- Visit the Forums.
- The mobile device model and Android version are supported.
- The device has been enrolled and authorized for Zebra Savanna.
- The Zebra Data Services (ZDS) agent is installed and activated on the device
- The Value-Add APIs require a Zebra OneCare Service contract
A Zebra Savanna application key is required for using and testing this API. See the Getting Started Guide
Leveraging Zebra VisibilityIQ APIs, users can derive granular insights regarding device health, availability, utilization, and support.
- Device health: Identify a battery is nearing end of useful life or trigger maintenance. Offer insights into device usage and software applications errors to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Availability: Provide visibility into device fleet size and location to prevent loss and shrinkage.
- Utilization: Understand how and when applications are being used, up to date and secure.
- Support: Obtain the latest status on your support tickets and repairs.
Track and compare total minutes used by each application and version.
Manage and identify mobile computers and printers with abnormally high battery discharge rates.
Discover battery, charger, or business process issues based on number of times batteries are changed in devices.
Report information related to technical and non-technical cases from the point they were opened, until the time they were closed.
Compare individual device and total device population metrics to detect outlier performance in several key data elements.
Identify devices with frequent reboots or applications that freeze.
Stay current with Android security updates by tracking device security and Android Operating System updates.
Provide a view to devices that have gone out of contact from the system to help pin-point Lost-Stolen.
Identify sites and mobile computers with high levels of RAM usage exceeding thresholds.
Identify printer issues through alerts, along with user behavior or process issues.
Monitor printer utilization to understand what printers are under or over utilized.
Track the scans from your Zebra Android mobile computer to troubleshoot and learn root cause of issues.
Provide Smart Battery inventory, health status and predicted remaining useful life of batteries. Allow user to create a report for battery replenishment based on battery remaining useful life.
See an inventory view and device state of both Zebra mobile computers and Zebra DNA printers.
See device utilization across site locations to know which sites have the most and/or least device utilizations
Retrieve ANR data by individual device, device models or all devices to simplify troubleshooting and assist with debugging. Data also can identify ANR patterns.
Access usage data for applications running on individual Zebra® mobile computers to gauge the impact on productivity and optimize application usage and investments.
Pull battery level, voltage, capacity and other status level data from the previous 24 hours. Leverage the data to debug batteries, detect charging issues and analyze drain patterns.
Reveal an individual Zebra mobile computer's basic information such as model, SDK version and serial number—valuable data for repair profiles. Provide a view of entire fleet information as well.
Retrieve historical range-based, aggregated or last-known record data outlining device utilization based on the time the display was turned on. Determine the productivity impact of devices and optimize their use.