To improve operations, facility managers need to understand complex information about their mobile devices, but this information is often hidden in separate places. Zebra VisibilityIQ™ APIs empower users with three key business sets of information:
- Knowing what assets you have
- Knowing where your assets are
- Knowing your assets’ health
Zebra VisibilityIQ APIs expose volumes of detailed information related to device health, availability, utilization, and support. Powered by Zebra Savanna software, we conduct detailed analytics on this data to direct the customer’s best next action, ensuring your workers are available to focus on their most impactful tasks.
Zebra consolidates your support/repair data and collects more than 250 machine-level data points across software, battery, and devices and distills this down into actionable insights.
- View VisibilityIQ OneCare, Foresight, and API features Features At A Glance
- Learn more about VisibilityIQ OneCare and Foresight
- The VisibilityIQ APIs can be purchased in a comprehensive package that includes both the Value-Add APIs and Aggregated APIs or the Aggregated APIs can be purchased separately. Additionally the APIs can be purchased in conjunction with VisibilityIQ Foresight.
- To purchase, contact your Zebra Account Manager.
- Questions? Check the FAQ.
- Visit the Forums.
A Zebra Savanna application key is required for using and testing this API. See the Getting Started Guide
Leveraging Zebra VisibilityIQ APIs, users can derive granular insights regarding device health, availability, utilization, and support.
- Device health: Identify a battery is nearing end of useful life or trigger maintenance. Offer insights into device usage and software applications errors to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Availability: Provide visibility into device fleet size and location to prevent loss and shrinkage.
- Utilization: Understand how and when applications are being used, up to date and secure.
- Support: Obtain the latest status on your support tickets and repairs.
Track and compare total minutes used by each application and version.
Discover battery, charger, or business process issues based on number of times batteries are changed in devices.
Highlight operating at or below 30% charge as an indicator of battery related issues.
Compare individual device and total device population metrics to detect outlier performance in several key data elements.
Stay current with Android security updates by identifying available updates and how many devices have not received the recommended security and Android Operating System updates.
Provide a view to devices that have gone out of contact from the system to help pin-point Lost-Stolen. Also provides last known access point (AP) BSSID and friendly name for all out of contact devices.
Track repair logistics for all RMAs as they move through the repair process.
Provide Smart Battery inventory, health status and predicted remaining useful life of batteries. Allow user to create a report for battery replenishment based on battery remaining useful life.
See an inventory view and device state of both Zebra mobile computers and Zebra DNA printers.
Retrieve ANR data by individual device, device models or all devices to simplify troubleshooting and assist with debugging. Data also can identify ANR patterns.
Access usage data for applications running on individual Zebra® mobile computers to gauge the impact on productivity and optimize application usage and investments.
Pull battery level, voltage, capacity and other status level data from the previous 24 hours. Leverage the data to debug batteries, detect charging issues and analyze drain patterns.
Provide quantity and time stamp of manual or system-initiated reboots of a mobile computer. Also, determine repair needs based on device crashes.
Retrieve historical range-based, aggregated or last-known record data outlining device utilization based on the time the display was turned on. Determine the productivity impact of devices and optimize their use.