Android USB Printing to ZQ520

// Expert user has replied.
A Alex West 3 years 3 months ago
23 4 0

Hey,
I've been working with the ZQ520 mobile printer and have it printing from an Android app over bluetooth.
Is there a way to print from an Android app over a USB connection? I'm not able to get the android device to recognise the printer at all when I connect them (although the phone does charge from the printer).
Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

A Alex West

I've been able to find the solution to the exception on connection.Open(). It was caused by not getting permissions for the USB device (printer.Manager.HasPermission & printer.Manager.RequestPermission). After getting the user's permission in Android to use the USB printer the connection.Open() works as expected.

A Alex West

I've been attempting this again, the code below still creates the connection (with the same ToString output) but I also still get the same error on connection.Open(). Basically it's the same. Has anyone had any success connecting to USB printers on Android?
connection = new UsbConnection(discoveredPrinter.Manager, discoveredPrinter.Device);

R Robin West

It's been a while since I worked with that code.  I'll see if I can receate this issue.  The string looks like I would expect as a USB connection string - it usually resembles a file path.  

R Robin West

Hi Alex, yes, At least depending on your Android device.  You need to connect them via a USB OTG cable.  Then you can use the Link-OS SDK or the Android USB host APIs.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?