Help Cofiguring ZD500r for RFID Programming + Printing

// Expert user has replied.
V Vedsatx Saddvv 2 years 11 months ago
1 2 0

Hello,
I've been developing with the ZD500r for a year now. I still don't understand how the the configuration/calibration options work.
My questions are about the following menu options:
Sensors - Manual calibration
rfid - rfid calibrate
tools - manual calibration
After I do the three calibrations, I check the results by going to the ip address of the printer and access the 'View Printer Configuration' page. All is well so far.
The problem is, some of the configuration numbers are not consistent between calibrations.
label length (300 dpi ), +- 5
mark sensor, +- 3
mark gain, +- 2
and programming position (forward, mm), +- 12
These variations seem small ( less than 0.1 inches), but they can cause large errors. The biggest error is that labels will occasionally get skipped, when printing many in a row. I think this is because the sensor is looking for the rfid tag, not finding it, so skipping it and going to the next mark for the next label.
Any advice would be well received,
Sincerely,
Justin Z

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Justin zeck

Our Converter is Rapicore
Color is 'pantone' matching system. We use pms 571 (green).
Chip-spec: boeingtech, impinj-MR6P. These chips can give multiple fields (TID, EPC) with one request.
Finishing: 1-inch core, outside diameter of paper roll core. (We use 4.5" outside diameter -> 145 tags)
Rewind: we use 'blank-out'
Our media has black marks.
What is the "label threshold"?
Or ZPL:
(Paste into http://labelary.com/viewer.html to see what it looks like. (300 dpi, 1x11in. dimensions))
^XA
^MN M,1
^SS 45, 55, 65, 3220, 0, 40, 52, 20, 23
^RW 28,28,
^RS 8,f95,100,2,n,,,
^RB 96,8,8,24,8,8,32,8
^RF W,E
^FD208.0.6.0.10.0.208^FS
^CF B, 70, 40
^ADB
^FO 70, 1430 ^FD Ainsley Beget ^FS
^CF B, 30,20
^ADB
^FO 245, 2580 ^FD Grade: 2 ^FS
^CF B, 30,20
^ADB
^FO 200, 1650 ^FD Christmas Break Adventure ^FS
^CF B, 30,20
^ADB
^FO 250, 1650 ^FD N/A ^FS
^CF B, 22,15
^ADB
^FO 230, 910 ^FD ID: 6 ^FS
^XZ

R Robin West

Hi Justin, The quality of the media you're using may very well effect this. Does your RFID media have black marks on the back to indicate the gaps between labels?  Mark media is less likely to have these issues.  If you are not using Zebra media, we have run across other manufacturers who aren't the best at making sure the tag antenna is placed perfectly and consistently in the label.  Also external lighting can sometimes have an effect on the process, especially the ZD printers. Try to make sure the lighting in the area with the printer is consistent and similar to how your customer will have it, especially if the media is not marked.  In the end, you may need to switch media and/or adjust the label threshold setting.    
Can you send the command below and post the image of what it prints? That might help determine if it's a gap(label length) or rfid calibration issue.

~JG 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?