How to read OS update state from OEMinfo content provider?

R Richard Venderbosch 2 years 11 months ago
19 4 0

According to the documentation for OS updates on products on the SDM660, the OS update status is stored in the OEMInfo content provider and applications can use the OEMInfo content provider to fetch the exact status of the OS update operation in progress.
Which URI has to be used to retrieve the status of the OS update operation?
Can you please give me a Java source code example?

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

R Richard Venderbosch

On Android 10 / Q this feature is also not available.
At least I didn't get any "status" values while upgrading a TC26 and a TC52x from LGU17 to LGU30 (from 10-12-13.00-QG-U17-STD-HEL-04 to 10-12-13.00-QG-U30-STD-HEL-04).

R Richard Venderbosch

Hello Darryn.
Yes, we already were invited to join the EMM Partner Group in early 2019.
But I thought this OEMinfo issue is not only EMM specific.
And the EMM team has not been quite open to us in one of my specific questions regarding automatic device owner application enrollment ;-)

R Richard Venderbosch

Hello Darryn.
I integrated the sample code on http://zebra-stage.github.io/oeminfo/consume/ into our MDM agent application.
Currently I am testing it on a TC77 running Android 8.1 GMS.
The application gets informed about the OEMinfo content changes (for example 'content://oem_info/oem.zebra.osupdate/status').
"status" is signalled as "IN_PROGRESS" or "PASSED".
But starting with version 01-30-04.00-OG-U04-STD (updated from version 01-30-04.00-OG-U01-STD) there are no data at the cursor anymore: cursor.getCount() is always 0 and cursor.moveToFirst() always returns false.
The cursor query is done with Uri.parse("content://oem_info/oem.zebra.osupdate").
Is this intended or a bug?

D Darryn Campbell

Hi, I spoke with the docs team and this feature has not yet been externally documented.  It is in the backlog and should be online in the near future, apologies for the delay.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?