RFID Tag Missing Trailing Zero

// Expert user has replied.
J Jim Wilson 3 years ago
10 2 0

We are using https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/software/developer-tools/r... to get RFID tags from a reader and then send the tag to our application via a REST service. We have several RFID readers working for several months but I have just realized that reading in an encoded tag with 3 trailing zeros will cause the zeros to be truncated. It seems all tags have 2 trailing zeros that are always removed but in our case we have a serial number that ends with a 0 which makes 3 trailing zeros. I attached a screen print ZebraWebConsoleTagsOk.png of the tag value that has 3 zeros at the end when viewed with the Zebra Web Console; however, when we get this tag in our java program, the 3 zeros are missing which makes our serial number invalid because the conversion from hex fails since we have an odd number of digits. I can't find any code that we modified that removes the trailing zeros. I suspect this issue may be in a java library provided in the ZebraSDK that performs the inventory. Has anyone had this issue?

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

S Sean Kennedy

Hi Jim.
Sorry to seem to cause a mixup - but its 1/2 of the cases, so to speak:
That case is for the ZD410R (Printer case) - which goes to a different team, in Help Desk. (And I have visibility to that case - thank you)
I need you to open a Case for the FX9600 - device (using the FX9600 serial number/support) to look at the Code / Dev setup for using the FX9600 Fixed reader - to look at the tags / Tag Data.

S Sean Kennedy

Jim, can you file a Help Desk ticket for this - that way our RFID group can investigate if this is a Java-Specific (runtime) issue, or a possible code issue.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?