RFID Tag Missing Trailing Zero

We are using https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/software/developer-tools/r... to get RFID tags from a reader and then send the tag to our application via a REST service. We have several RFID readers working for several months but I have just realized that reading in an encoded tag with 3 trailing zeros will cause the zeros to be truncated. It seems all tags have 2 trailing zeros that are always removed but in our case we have a serial number that ends with a 0 which makes 3 trailing zeros. I attached a screen print ZebraWebConsoleTagsOk.png of the tag value that has 3 zeros at the end when viewed with the Zebra Web Console; however, when we get this tag in our java program, the 3 zeros are missing which makes our serial number invalid because the conversion from hex fails since we have an odd number of digits. I can't find any code that we modified that removes the trailing zeros. I suspect this issue may be in a java library provided in the ZebraSDK that performs the inventory. Has anyone had this issue?

Sean Kennedy

Jim, can you file a Help Desk ticket for this - that way our RFID group can investigate if this is a Java-Specific (runtime) issue, or a possible code issue.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jim Wilson

Hmmm, I did have a case open on the Zebra support portal and they told me the following:
Zebra team has checked the info you have provided and mention that this portion has to be inspected by the developer portal team. You will need to post in this portal developer link : https://developer.zebra.com/community/home/discussions.
Is there a different help desk that I should be using? My case number is 08007222.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sean Kennedy

Hi Jim.
Sorry to seem to cause a mixup - but its 1/2 of the cases, so to speak:
That case is for the ZD410R (Printer case) - which goes to a different team, in Help Desk. (And I have visibility to that case - thank you)
I need you to open a Case for the FX9600 - device (using the FX9600 serial number/support) to look at the Code / Dev setup for using the FX9600 Fixed reader - to look at the tags / Tag Data.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jim Wilson

Ok, new case is 08031372

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’