Scanner not found in Android EB browser

Tags: 

Hello!

Im trying to run javascript in EB Browser and scan bardcodes. EB Browser is working in Android(tc20) which is connected with TC2X scanner(https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/solutions-verticals...). The problem is that scanner is not found in javascript code.I am using javascript feature demo which was included to the EB Browser installer. I debugged the code and EB.Barcode.enumerate returns empty array: [{}]. ebapi-modules.js is loaded to the page. Scanner is working fine in DWDemo app. Any hint why scanner is not found/accessible in javascript?

Darryn Campbell
Hi, what is a "TS2X scanner"?

Hi, what is a "TS2X scanner"?  I tried searching on Google but could not find anything

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Mart Madisson
Sorry, it is TC2X scanner:
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Darryn Campbell
Oh, so EB does not work with

Oh, so EB does not work with the imager scanner present on the TC20.  Are you using the latest version of Enterprise Browser?  A long time ago Enterprise Browser did not support that device but it now does.  If you are testing with the feature demo it should work, perhaps try a device reset and clean install of EB in case some configuration got changed along the way. 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Mart Madisson
I did clean install of EB but

I did clean install of EB but still dont work :/ Could you please confirm that i did correctly.
So i did:
1. uninstalled existing EB browser from android and installed new one from https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/software/developer-tools/e... (release date 2020). Tried "EnterpriseBrowserForAndroid_v3.0.0.1.dmg" and "EnterpriseBrowser_signed_3.0.0.1.apk"
2. followed this example: https://techdocs.zebra.com/enterprise-browser/1-8/guide/featuredemo/

but no luck. Scanner's beep and red flash is working but barcode is not read. Any further hints how to debug or try?

This is EB browser log:
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:450 348969a8 RhodesActivity| New start parameters:
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:450 348969a8 RhodesApp| New start params:
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:452 348969a8 EzNFCSingleton| NfcRead handleIntent
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:465 348969a8 RhodesApp| callAppActiveCallback
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:465 348969a8 AppCallbacks| addCommand: APP-ACTIVATED
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:465 933024f0 AppCallbacks| APP-ACTIVATED is received ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:466 933024f0 AppCallbacks| Restart local server ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:466 933024f0 RhodesApp| restart local server.
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:466 933024f0 HttpServer| Stopping server...
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:466 348969a8 RhodesApplication| New AppState: AppActivated
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:467 348969a8 RhodesApplication| New UiState: MainActivityStarted
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:475 932054f0 AppCallbacks| addCommand: LOCAL-SERVER-STARTED
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:497 348969a8 RhoElementsExt| New log path: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.symbol.enterprisebrowser/Log.txt
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:528 933024f0 AppCallbacks| Continue after server restart =======================================
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:528 933024f0 AppCallbacks| Received command APP-ACTIVATED which is greater than expected (LOCAL-SERVER-STARTED) - postpone it
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:528 933024f0 AppCallbacks| LOCAL-SERVER-STARTED is received ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:546 933024f0 RhodesApplication| New AppState: AppActivated
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:548 348969a8 RhodesApplication| New UiState: MainActivitiResumed
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:549 348969a8 EBZASR| EBZASR-inside onResume
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:554 348969a8 BarcodeFactoryRhoListener| BarcodeFactoryRhoListener onResume, currentSessionId: 0
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:563 348969a8 SipListener| EBZSP SipListener onResume-check mIMEStateChanged value
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:819 953a34f0 License| EBZSP inside onResume- Config TAG Value
I 08/20/2020 19:24:33:820 953a34f0 License| EBZSP inside onResume- disable All IMEI
I 08/20/2020 19:24:52:082 348969a8 EBZASR| EBZASR-inside onPause
I 08/20/2020 19:24:52:093 348969a8 SipListener| EBZSP SipListener onPause-saving mAllSIPEnabledWhilePause value
I 08/20/2020 19:24:52:094 348969a8 RhodesApplication| New UiState: MainActivityPaused
I 08/20/2020 19:24:52:322 348969a8 License| EBZSP inside onPause- config TAG reset to Default
I 08/20/2020 19:24:52:323 348969a8 License| EBZSP inside onPause- Keyboard reset to Show Keyboard
I 08/20/2020 19:24:53:053 348969a8 RhodesApplication| New AppState: AppDeactivated
I 08/20/2020 19:24:53:054 348969a8 RhodesService| activityStopped() temporary release wakeLock object
I 08/20/2020 19:24:53:054 348969a8 RhodesApp| callAppActiveCallback
I 08/20/2020 19:24:53:054 348969a8 AppCallbacks| addCommand: APP-DEACTIVATED
I 08/20/2020 19:24:53:054 933024f0 AppCallbacks| APP-DEACTIVATED is received ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Darryn Campbell
It sounds like you are doing

It sounds like you are doing everything correctly & other than a factory reset of the device I don't have any other suggestions.  You could also try contacting technical support for more help, https://www.zebra.com/us/en/about-zebra/contact-zebra/contact-tech-support.html

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Log in to post comments