Encoding of UHFRFID When Printing

Hi.
I see that the page link to RFID ENCODING GUIDES is not working.
https://developer.zebra.com/community/technologies/printers
I need to develop an app that can print a serial number and encode the EPC section in a Gen2 Tag at the same time.
Is there any sample code for this? I am using a Zebra ZD500R

Marius Celliers
Encoding of UHFRFID When Printing

Ok So I've Downloaded the Zebra SDK nuGet package to My C# Application and created a helper class to encapsulate all the Functions of the Printer.
I can Communicate with the printer via USB/Network and create a connection to the printer. I am using a mix of ZPL ( For the Label Layout ) and SGD commands.

I have an issue with the SGD commands when doing a read on the ZD500R.
I use the following commands :
try
{
SGD.SET("rfid.tag.read.content", "epc", PrinterConn); // Set The Content for EPC
SGD.SET("rfid.tag.read.execute", "", PrinterConn); // Execute the operation
EpcValue = SGD.GET("rfid.tag.read.result_line1", PrinterConn); // Read the Contents

}

When I Read the EPC, the It Sometimes doe not work. When U use the read Function on the Printer display it works. Thereafter, the SGD command works again on the same tag.

Should I rather stay away from SGD commands and only use ZPL?

Also Does the Printer know when it could not write correctly to the Label? Or should I do a Read to confirm.
I would like to ensure that the Label has programmed correctly before i start to print on it.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Manuel Caicedo-...
Hi,

Hi,

We recommend to work directly with RFID ZPL embed in the ZPL label that you send to print. For sample code details please, review the recommended RFID ZPL programming guide doc on the link below.

https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/manuals/printers/co...

Thanks,

MC

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Marius Celliers
Hi Manuel Caicedo

Thank you for your reply. I have done as per your request and I have everything working 99% well.

I just have an issue with the response of ZPL Commands.

if I use {connection}.SendAndWaitForResponse(ZplCommand, 1000, 2000, null); I sometimes to not get a response. But when I Send the command again , I get the response for both commands that I have sent. This could be a Timing issue. I was hoping that this would be a blocking command I could put in a separate thread)

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Steven Si
Does this happenon USB

Does this happenon USB connection or on network connection?

Besides putting the {connection}.SendAndWaitForResponse(ZplCommand, 1000, 2000, null) in a separate thread, you can also increase the value for responseCompletionTimeout. 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’