Label print not sizing correctly for 4 x 8 label despite set up in Zebra Printer Utilities

// Expert user has replied.
M Martin Charlier 2 years 11 months ago
1224 2 0

Hi all,
I'm struggling with a setup of Windows + Zebra ZT500™ (ZT510).
The factory that is printing labels has 4x8 in labels set up, however, despite configuring this label size in the Zebra Setup Utilities, the print comes out smaller and is only about 3 in wide and not coving the full length, either.
Zebra Utilities does not let me configure a label size bigger than 4.25in to test - but the labels are also definitely 4 in wide. When I change the settings to be 2 in label, the print *does* go smaller as expected, but I simply cannot get it to properly cover the actual 4x8 size.
I'm printing using sending ZPL via Browser Print, and also tested sending the .ZPL file via the Printer Utilities Tools. Both have the same problem.
Can anyone provide any pointers for how I can resolve this issue? I'm stuck.
Best wishes,
Martin

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Martin Charlier

Hi Steven, thanks for your reply.
I have investigated further and identified that the problem is that my .ZPL file seems to be for a 203 dpi printer - but the printer I'm using is 300 dpi.
So the issue is actually a different one and I'll create a new post about it.
Martin

S Steven Si

There are a few things to consider.
1. Calibrate the medial, so that the printer knows the width and length of the label.
2. Make sure there is no offset command in the label's ZPL script. From the image, it looks like the label itself is smaller than the backing. Make sure that the 4x8 refers to the size of the label, not the backing. if necessary, you may want to use the offset command to adjust the horizontal position (^LH, label home position).
Hope this helps.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?