Link-OS SDK print at shared card printer

// Expert user has replied.
M Muhammad Ikhbar Mazlan 2 years 11 months ago
10 3 0

Hi,
I am currently developing Java program to print card at ZC300 card printer (Link-OS SDK). I need to connect to printer by using shared name as "\\ComputerName\UsbShareName".
I have come accross this article but for C# - https://supportcommunity.zebra.com/s/article/Print-to-a-Shared-Card-Prin... . I need something equivalent to this but in Link-OS sdk.
P.S : I have tried connect using com.zebra.sdk.comm.DriverPrinterConnection but no luck.

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

M Muhammad Ikhbar Mazlan

I have tried every class to connect to shared printer but the connection could not established.
Can I have more information on how to setup DNS name for the printer? I have setup the DNS name using the printer properties (Zebra application) but cannot connect to printer using DNS name. Is there any setup I need to do anywhere else? F.Y.I there is no DNS server in the network we work on.
Thanks.

M Muhammad Ikhbar Mazlan

Hi Steven,
I have tried to use com.zebra.sdk.comm.TcpConnection, com.zebra.sdk.comm.UsbConnection and com.zebra.sdk.comm.ConnectionBuilder classes but still cannot connect to the printer.
FYI, the printer is installed on the server via IP/TCP, then shared by the server -> i.e. \\192.168.0.20\ZEBRA_CARD
Our program will take the printer name (\\192.168.0.20\ZEBRA_CARD) to establish connection to the card printer. I have done a program to establish connection to printer via printer IP address but this method will make user hard to identify which printer they want to use.
Thanks

S Steven Si

For card printer, there is an SDK for card printers in PC-Java. You can check out the documentation at https://techdocs.zebra.com/link-os/2-14/pc_card/. There is a UsbConnection class that can be used to talk to the card printer over the USB. Regarding to "com.zebra.sdk.comm.DriverPrinterConnection", I think is meant for label printers.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?