Remote Control of Zebra device

2 years 11 months ago
63 1 0

We support remote control of Zebra Android devices and we use the MX framework to simulate input. Zebra specifies that we should use the built-in capture API in Android which was fine until Android 10. When starting to capture the screen the user must confirm that capturing the screen is ok and before Android 10 there was a check box to remember the setting. With Android 10 the user doesn't have the possibility to remember this setting so now the user is prompted every time the device is started (see attac). This is a big problem for unattended devices and for a user who's suddenly presented for some question they have knowledge about.
Is there a way with Zebra devices to somehow remembering this setting (i.e. being allowed to capture the screen)?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

D Darryn Campbell

Hi Ole,
I believe as you are developing a remote control app you should already have registered to get documentation etc.  Have you registered?  If not then if you send me your email I can put you in contact with the right person.
To answer your question, please see section "2.0 Remote Display Service", "This service provides an API to turn on/off Media projection pop up without needing acknowledgement from the end user."

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?