Control Firefox by Data Wedge - Fill Form

Hello,

I am trying to set up a rule in datawedge in order to enter "Certain Data" in a website form.

What works so far: I am able to set rules to fill a fixed amount of Fields with a string of code, where the fields are divided by TAB

Now I would like to set up a fresh environment in firefox, like the focus should be always be on the first Textfield at Start of the scan etc.
This can be accomplished by simply closing all firefox Tabs as firefox is set up with the correct startpage already.

When the page is loaded, the desired text field is already in focus.

Ideas? Are there Actions which I could send with the Intent Feature in DataWedge to accomplish this?

thanks

Darryn Campbell
Hi, you would need to write

Hi, you would need to write your web page to ensure that the desired field always has focus when the page is loaded, there is no way to do this via DataWedge or an Intent.  Typically this would be done in JavaScript with the DOM focus() method

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ji Pa
This seems to already be the

This seems to already be the case, I just need FF to start with a new reloaded page when the Barcode is scanned. I thought that there may be Actions or intents to do this.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
No, you can't configure an

No, you can't configure an application to be launched when a barcode is scanned but you could remap a device button to launch an app when it is pressed, https://techdocs.zebra.com/mx/keymappingmgr/.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ji Pa
But thats not the desired

But thats not the desired function.

I see that you can script activities in data wedge etc. Cant you send an start activity to "org.mozilla.firefox" to start it?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
Hi, yes, I did manage to get

Hi, yes, I did manage to get this to work.  You need to specify the action as "android.intent.action.MAIN" and the component to be Firefox.  As long as the Intent Delivery is startActivity then it will launch Firefox.  This is a profile-level setting though.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ji Pa
Great I will try this out.

Great I will try this out.

1.)Could you describe what I should enter in the Datawedge Settings exactly?
2.)Is there also a "stop activity" counterpart or something?

3.) Could you elaborate, what do you mean with profile-level?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ji Pa
Additional Help please, issue

Additional Help please, issue ist still not solved

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
At a push, it is possible to

At a push, it is possible to configure DataWedge to automatically launch FireFox whenever it scans any barcode but the kind of configuration you are asking for (to then dynamically start scanning into input fields) is not possble I'm afraid.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’