Print dialog with ASP.Net web app

App printing directly to Zebra printer using ZPL through the Zebra SDK, was wondering if there was a way to get the print dialog to show? Request from user is to be able to print multiple labels, can accomplish this in my app if needed, but do not know is SDK has an easier way :)

Thanks!
Hank

Steven Si
There is a command in ZPL

There is a command in ZPL allows you to specify how many copies you want to print. It's ^PQ (for print quantity). For example, if you want 5 copies, you just insert the ^PQ5 at the end of the ZPL.

You need to provide a UI to allow the user to specify the number of copies. Then the app takes the number and put it into the ZPL through ^PQ command.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hank Hepler
Thank you! Will go that route

Thank you! Will go that route for the UI :) So if they request 100 labels... would I need to break it up to 4 loops of ^PQ25? Or would ^PQ100 be fine? I do not know the specifics of the memory size of the S4M-203dpi, even though the ZPL code is small but do not know what overhead is sent as well.

Thanks,
Hank

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Steven Si
The ^PQ command has no bearer

The ^PQ command has no bearing on the memory. It simply tells the printer how many copies of the label in ZPL should be printed, i.e. ^PQ25 & ^PQ100 makes no difference on the memory usage. So, don't break up the number. Just send ^PQ100.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’