Automatic update with AppManager AND automatic restart

M Mattia Durli 3 years ago
12 0 0

Hello,
I managed to autoupdate my app, having AppV1 download the apk of AppV2, and then using EMDK AppManager (with option UPDATE) force the silent update of AppV1 to AppV2, and it works: upon update AppV1 closes and when I launch it again I find AppV2.
But I'm using AppV1 with Enterprise Home Screen in Kiosk mode, so when AppV1 closes after the update, it is automatically restarted (and this is ok).
The problem is that at the first restart, a dialog opens telling me that AppV1 closed for an error, asking if I want to restart it. Once I click Restart, it restarts and this time it starts correctly.
My hypothesis is that once closed because the update process is started, the Kiosk tries to restart it while still updating, and the app crashes. When I restart it, it works because update has terminated
I'm experiencing it on a TC21 and a TC52.
How can I solve this autorestart problem? Kiosk mode and the fact that in Kiosk mode if the app crashes for any reason it restarts is essential to me, but I can't find a way to silent update without that first time error message.
UPDATE: i managed to make it work by adding a "Reboot" in the EMDK profile I use for update. Upon update the device reboots and upon restart AppV2 starts correctly.
But without reboot, the app restarts and gives an error. I really thinks the Kiosk tries to restart the app before it's completely updated. There should be a way to delay the Kiosk mode restart.
Thanks,
Mattia

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?