Error building MC9200c70 Windows CE 7.0 PSDK

A Abner Macias 2 years 11 months ago
6 1 0

I'm new in c++ development, so I'm trying to test an Smart Device Win32 App to my Win CE device.
I've installed Visual Studio 2008 with SP1 and the Zebra's Windows CE 7.0 PSDK, but when I'm trying to build my app I get the following error:
c:\program files (x86)\windows ce tools\sdks\mc9200c70 windows ce 7.0 psdk\include\armv4i\stdlib.h(179) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'errno_t'
c:\program files (x86)\windows ce tools\sdks\mc9200c70 windows ce 7.0 psdk\include\armv4i\stdlib.h(179) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
And it continues with all the 'Stdlib.h'
So what can I do to solve this problem?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

D Darryn Campbell

Hi, you have challenging introduction to C++ development, mostly because the tools to achieve CE development are now so old.
Your error indicates a configuration issue with your setup environment.  Please see this old Stack Overflow post for the pre-requisites you need for CE development: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54075304/vs-2008-sp1-cant-deploy-on-... you have the VS2008 step but there are also a couple of updates from Microsoft.
The other challenge you might have is connecting your device to your development machine - I am unsure if Windows 10 natively supports communication with CE devices but I guess you are already using an older version of Windows since VS2008 requires an older version too (I think)

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?