Barcode getting scanned twice after a single scan Occasionally

Occasionally we are observing that in WT6300 ,Its taking barcode twice after one scan and issue got resoved after rebooting the device. Need suggestion on this issue

Darryn Campbell
Can you please provide more

Can you please provide more information about your application, how it controls the scanner and if there are any reproduction steps? 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Debojit Saha
Hi Darryn,

Hi Darryn,

Thanks for your response.
It is a xamarin forms android application. We are using intent to scan barcode with focusless entry and followed your sample application code which is using com.dwexample.ACTION intent.
The main problem is to reproduce the issue because while testing we have not found this issue and users are saying its happening intermittently and after restarting the device issue got resolved.

Thanks,
Debojit

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
The problem is not something

The problem is not something I have seen before, especially if you are using DataWedge.  If you start to see it more often or get more reproducible steps to show the issue then please let me know but I don't have any suggestions I'm afraid.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alessandro Caliaro
I think you can add a

I think you can add a

DateTime _lastRead;

in your Broadcast

then, when you read the barcode, check the actual DataTime.Now with the _lastRead.
If it is < 1second, do nothing, otherwise take the barcode

i

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Debojit Saha
Thank you Alessandro for you

Thank you Alessandro for you response.

But its happening too fast so that you cant distinguish the time difference. After a single scan it hits the OnReceive method twice with in a milisec. Earlier we face this issue and resolved by implementing this.
protected override void OnPause()
{
base.OnPause();
UnregisterReceiver(receiver);
}

But now it is not reproducible and happening occasionally.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’