Monitoring for statuses

// Expert user has replied.
H Hunter Bradshaw 2 years 11 months ago
178 2 0

I created an application that will monitor for statuses.
what I did is I loop through PrinterStatus printerStatus = printer.GetCurrentStatus() . I noticed that the led light on the printer keeps blinking if I started
my loop and it stops blinking if I also stop looping. Is this the right way to check the statuses of the printer?, This application will just monitor the status of the printer for out of paper and etc. Please advise thank you.

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

F Flote Fuertes

Thank you Steven, Do you have any sample code? I am not sure where I can get for tcp. I want to check if printer out of paper. Thanks

S Steven Si

The data led indicator (the envelope icon or the downward arrow) flashes when there is data exchange happening on the connection to the printer. When calling printer.GetCurrentStatus(), it sends the status querying command to the printer and waits for the response to come back from the printer. Therefore, the data led indicator flashes. This is the correct behavior.
If the connection is a TCP connection, you may want to use the status channel, which is a dedicated channel for querying the printer status. This way, the status monitor loop won't interfere with the print jobs. Hope this helps.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?