ZEBRA ZD410 - C# - Making a connection over USB Com Port

// Expert user has replied.
V Vedsatx Saddvv 2 years 10 months ago
272 2 0

I am trying to make a GUI that will have a print button which will make connection and print label according to GUI input. I looked at the SDK and there is a connection making sample code which requires installing SDK in Visual Studio and I did. I am not sure why but when I run the code, its not making the connection as it cant find my printer. Is there a simple sample code to just make a connection to printer and output its SN or something on console window?

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Jabir Patel

Hi,
I already made sure to install the USB driver. I also used a sample code for discovery over USB and I got the printer name in my console app. Now I want to print a sample label over USB connection. The code is very confusing. Could you please get me started. I just need to make a connection to my printer and send a sample print command. I tried using the examples but they are not working as I must be doing something wrong.
There are 3 options in the SDK documentation for making a connections over usb:
1) ConnectionBuilderView.xaml
2) ConnectionBuilderViewModel
3) ConnectionPrefix
Not sure which is what but tried some code from them but not going good. I would really appreciate it if you can get me going here :).
Thank you very much for you assistance.

S Steven Si

Before connecting ZD410 to your PC, make sure that the USB driver is installed. You can find the Windows driver for ZD410 printers at the support page of https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/printers/desktop/zd410.htm....
Link-OS SDK for PC-.NET release package has a demo project. In the demo project, there is a Connectivity demo that has code to show how to make a connection via USB. Hope this helps.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?