OS Lockdown

// Expert user has replied.
C Chris Matheson 2 years 11 months ago
19 6 0

Does anyone have any solutions for locking down the Android OS for the ET1? I mean beyond Applock as that can only manage application whitelist. I need a solution to stop users from accessing the Settings and everything inside like WLAN profiles, system settings etc. I really need a solutions like Appcenter for WM/CE where we only display the icons people need and lock access to everything else. Ideally, I would like to remove the App Launcher screen altogether and just leave required icons on a customized Home Screen. Even if we can't blacklist apps or processes, at least remove the icons from user access to laucn them.

I am also looking for a solution to run in Kiosk mode in the Browser. I need to remove access to the address bar, browser settings etc. Accounts are using Kiosk Pro on the iPad and it does what they need. I found an app called SureFox for Android on Market but don't know how to get it because we cannot access the market. It is not available for download from their own website.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Please register or login to post a reply

6 Replies

D David Singer

Maybe you can contact the SureFox sales team at sales@42gears.com.  They may be able to give you a trial version without going through Android Market.

David S.

C Chris Matheson

While I will certainly try to contact them, i think it would be much better if we, Motorola, developed a solution fo this type of functionality. My customers have openly stated they would feel much more comfortable with an "enterprise" solution to go with their "enterprise" tablet as going to off the shelf (or market) utilities is what they're doing with their consumer tablets. The more we have to differentiate ourselves, the easier our sell will be.

Appcenter is a huge value add for our Windows based mobile devices and I think it would be great if we could do the same with the ET1.

My 2 cents

R Randolph Kaiser

Chris 42Gears has went through the validation program for their Surelock program for the ET1.  Please let me know if you need contact information.

J Juan Luis Navarro

I totally agree with Chris. Same request from El Corte Ingles.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Have we come any closer to appcenter functionality for our ET1?  Surelock is great but at $50 a license it is a hard sell especially when we are suppose to be "enterprise ready" and way more expensive than a consumer device. 

D Darryn Campbell
CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?