I have attached one sample application "COMPortTransceiver.exe" that I used times ago to make some tests on MC75A IrDA.
Follow below steps to use the application.
1. Uncheck the following settings Start-->Settings-->Connections-->Beam--> Beam Mode ("Receive all incoming beams").
2. Copy the "COMPortTransceiver.exe" into 'Application' folder of MC75A device having latest BSP image.
3. Tap the Application to launch it.
4. Tap on 'Configure' tab. Do the following settings,
Port=COM4; Baud Rate= Set desired baud rate by using up/down arrow keys. Data Size=8 bits, Parity=None,
Stop bit=1 bit, Flow Control=None, Check the 'InfraRed' box. Click 'OK'.
5. Tap on 'Open' tab to open the com port.
6. Do same settings on another MC75A device which will be paired with the first one.
7. Align the IR transceivers of both the devices to make it line of sight.
8. Now tap on 'Write' tab of one device couple of times, immediately after that tap on 'Read' tab of the other device and vice versa. Repeatative 'abcdefgh' characters should be received on the device which is reading the characters.
I ran this test at different baud rates from 1200 to 115200 for MC75 pair, MC75A pair and (MC75+MC75A) pair and received sent characters successfully.
COMPortTransceiver.exe 13.0 K
Thanks for your answer!
Currently, l only have a terminal MC75A and I tried to test with your program and an IrDA device. From the terminal receive all that the device sends; however, from the device does not receive all the MC75A sends.
I'm programming with CSharp and I think NET libraries just not work with IrDA ports. I use the SerialPort of NetCF, open the port as you indicate in your response and I call EscapeCommFunction (SETIR) method to indicate we are using an irda port. Consequently, the write function succeeds but does not send anything to the port (or so it seems). So the device doesn't receive anything.
I attached my program. It works under Microsoft NetCF 3.5 and It opens port 9600-8-N-One without handshake. You can find it in this link too ( http://www.computer-informatica.com/update/IrdaProject.rar ).
Is there any impediment to work with the irda port and libraries of Microsoft with MC75A?
IrdaProject.rar 29.6 K
Hi Juan Martinez,
I'm trying the same and i have the same problem. Did you find the solution??