MC9090 WM5.0 Will not suspend on Battery when associated to AP

// Expert user has replied.
W William Hunt 3 years 1 month ago
4 3 0

I have a MC9090 WM BSP43 that I have set the BattSuspendTimeout to 20min(in the registry). This works fine as long as I’m not associated to a AP. Once I'm associated the device never suspends?? The registry key I’m setting is: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts] "BattSuspendTimeout" = dword:000004b0 By the way this does not happen on a MC3090 CE 5.0 it suspends just fine associated or not. Any ideas?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

G George Dellaratta

As far as network traffic is concerned, there are three statistics captured to determine if a terminal should stay awake: Inbound TCP traffic, Outbound TCP traffic and Outbound UDP traffic.  Since there is no TCP socket open, then there must be Outbound UDP traffic from the network stack in the terminal that occurs before the 20 minutes.

G George Dellaratta

Is there a TCP socket open?  Is there any UDP activity? The MC9090 sleep timer will be reset if there is any UDP or TCP activity which would prevent the terminal from falling asleep.

W William Hunt

No TCP Socket or UDP traffic is there.  In my lab I take a new unit out of the box MC7090 or MC9090 and load BSP43 on them along with a clean Application folder.  I set the BattSuspendTimeout to 20min via a registry setting and the devices go to sleep as expected.  I associate the devices to a ESSID (like 101) and the devices never go to sleep. I have a customer duplicate this in his environment as well as another SE in his lab.   The only thing I have not tried (I will this weekend) is to downgrade the devices to BSP39 and see if they behave the same way.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?