case 1778541 compress hex files

G Glenn Sobel 3 years ago
3 0 0

1) Time/Date - 3:45pm 11/20/08

2) Response time

3) Product VC5090

4) OS Version BSP 30

5) Clarify Case # 1778541 customer is VPN Systems, software development business looking to dummy proof and customize customer sent email.
Gentlemen,

I was recently attempting to update a VC5090 to BSP 30 with a custom Application partition.  I noticed that the default OSUpdate package for BSP30 uses BGZ compression for several of the files.  If I create a custom OSUpdate using uncompressed HEX images and then attempt to update the device using local storage such as TEMP, the upgrade fails with an error allocating space.  I would like to know how I can create BGZ files that will allow me to upgrade my VC5090 using an AirBEAM OSUpgrade package that relies on the TEMP directory, which would include my custom Application partition.  I have tried to compress my HEX file using package builder and selecting the 8800 as my device.  While that does give me a compressed BGZ file, it did not work when I attempted to upgrade the unit.  If either of you can assist me with getting a process and/or procedure from Engineering on how to create custom AirBEAM packages for a VC5090 that includes a custom Application partition, that would be great.Regards,Scott

I told customer that we do not have a way to create compress files I told customer that it would have to be a grip request. I told customer I would post the question to you to see if you have any suggestions.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?