VC5090 - HOW TO REMAP KEYS WITH KBTOOLS WITH FULL SCREEN MODEL AND EXTERNAL KEYBOARD

K Kenneth Ryan 2 years 11 months ago
1 5 0

I have a customer who needs to remap keys on an VC5090 BSP 30 device with KBtools with an external keyboard. How do you remap keys in this fashion?  I created a mapping file to do it and placed it in \Platform\Keyboard and cold booted. On a VC5090 half screen with integrated keyboard, it works.  On a VC5090 with an external keyboard, it does not. Any assistance is appreciated. 1. 12:36 PM 12/8 2. 3 Day 3 VC5090 4. CE 5.0 BSP 30 5.  1786507

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

K Kenneth Ryan

Keycheck.exe picks up the FLD+ key as E3 on the external keyboard. Keytrap.exe is a CE form should be able to remap this?  Do we have a CE version I can try?

H Hirokazu Haga

I don't think KeyTrap.exe works since the key is coming though COM port, not internally processed, but you can try it.

K Kenneth Ryan

We sell the external keyboard, it is a standard accessory.  I dont know where the external keyboard driver and mapping table is. The external keyboard attaches to COM 6, the keyboard port on the VC5090. It it possible to find out if a seperate mapping tool is available? Either that, or would keytrap in a CE form work?

H Hirokazu Haga

I dont' know what form the keys are passed from external keyboard to the device via COM port. You can try first WhatKey.exe then KeyCheck.exe next.

H Hirokazu Haga

Do you know where the keys are remapped, by internal keyboard driver, or by external keyboard ?  Since your remap for internal keyboard works but not for external keyboard, the external keyboard has its own keyboard driver and remap table. Then the rempa must be done by external keyboard.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?