SB1 BSP 20 not connecting to wifi

// Expert user has replied.
R Roger Whitehead 2 years 11 months ago
1 3 0

We have an SB1 running BSP20.  It does not connect to a wifi network.  The AP is a Linksys WRT54GL configured with all security disabled, on mixed B/G mode, with broadcast on.  The SB1 is configured for an open network.  The area is crowded with wifi networks, but the SB1 is 5-15 ft from the AP and a wifi analyzer shows the AP as the strongest signal.  In Fusion, the SB1 shows the network name and (Connecting) next to Profiles.  Occasionally it switches to (Not Connected) with no network name and then repeats.

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

R Roger Whitehead

Rapid Deployment requires the network.  The AP did not have a setting for 802.11d, so we set the time zone on the AP and the SB1 to match each other, and that solved the connection issue.

D David Singer

Roger,
Yours sounds like a known issue that is fixed by disabling the 802.11d option.

1.   Disable 802.11d network…use the pdf barcode (I just posted on this site) on Build 20 and 22 if you/customer are unable to connect to the network.  One side effect is that it will also disable your network connections, so you have to re-establish them again.

Hope this helps.

David Singer

D Dragos Pop

Roger,
Could you give me the link for the pdf barcode disabling 802.11d ?
This one that I found on the forum
http://compass.mot-solutions.com/doc/436384781/Disable_80211D_Network.p…
don't work because it requires special permissions from Motorola.

Thanks

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?