Anyone have WM5 or WM6.x OS Installation Instructions?

// Expert user has replied.
H Hunter Bradshaw 3 years ago
0 3 0

All, I just got through walking a customer through upgrading his MC75's to WM6.1.  The download from support.symbol.com doesn't include any upgrade instructions, just the ZIP file with the OS files.  They had no idea what to do with the files.  After I explained to them to put the files in TEMP and run the StartUpdLdr utility, they asked me where they could find the installation instructions. After doing some searching on my own and checking with the Support Center, I discovered that we have no instructions that explain to an end user how to upgrade the OS on their WM5, WM6, or WM6.1 units using the OS files we post on our web site. Rather than recreating the wheel, I wanted to see if anyone has created an installation document that can be shared? Thanks, Ken

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

j joseph boriotti

See attached instructions. A request to update the image to include these instructions has been submitted.

R Richard Vogt

Ken, One of following attached documents was part of the MC7094 zip file for WM5 to WM6.1 upgrade. The other document I found on the following Compass site. http://compass.mot.com/go/wm6.1upgrade These documents may have to be edited to match the MC75 files names. Also if you use these instructions for the MC75 you will need to remove instructions on upgrading the NAND firmware for the MC70. I hope this helps. Richard Vogt

T Thomas Cassar

I can't speak for the MC75 other than to ask whether the OS update procedure is covered in the Integrator Guide (I assume). For MPA1.0 WM5 products, there is a document file inside of the Update Loader zip.  Here is the name of the doc file for MC909x for instance: Loading Magneto Update on MC909X.doc. For MPA1.0 WM5 to WM6.1, there is a document on Support Central with the OS Upgrade Package called Upgrading MC709Xv1.0.doc (for MC70), "Detailed instructions for upgrading devices from WM5.0 to WM6.1".

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?