WT4090 BSP35 TCM Support for 128/128 Device

// Expert user has replied.
G Glenn Sobel 2 years 11 months ago
1 7 0

1) Time/Date - 04/06/09 10:41am

2) Response time 4hr

3) Product WT4090

4) OS Version - BSP35

5) Clarify Case #1857570 customer installed DCP for BSP35 for the WT4090. customer has 128/128 device configuration when the DCP V5.0 is installed Script > Properties > Terminal  only displays configuration for 64M devices. Is there a separate DCP for 128/128 devices? Is there a config file that can be installed to be used for 128/128 devices? I have confirmed no option for 128/128 devices. is the 128/128 devices supported for TCM customizing?

Please register or login to post a reply

7 Replies

G George Dellaratta

Object store consists of the registry, installed programs, other persistent files. YES, the IDE drive is NOR flash

G Glenn Sobel

what is the memory configuration for a 128/64 according to solution builder the 128 mb is sddram and the 64 mb is flash...so if i hold to what you said above what is the breakdown for this device?

G George Dellaratta

64MB is NAND flash.  There is no NOR flashed added to the object store.

G Glenn Sobel

forgive my simplicity. just so I can accurately explain to customer. 128 M = 64 M (application / platform - Nand flash)             = 64M ( NOR flash - the object store (OS) ) 128 M = RAM for Programs to run. Object store is the OS ? I noticed on the 128/128 device, that there is a the IDE drive. the properties page for this drive is almost 64M is this also considered the Nor Flash?

G Glenn Sobel

As recommended, told TA to tell customer to try with the 64M terminal type. Told TA no other config file or DCP can use. TA stated that the customer tried the TCM will not allow the customer to add his additional cab to the application image. They are trying to add a 13M cab file to the application folder and make a custom image. I told customer he can change the size of the Application folder but it will also decrease the size of the Platform folder. TA states his customer is asking why they are restricted to the 64 M partition; they want full functionality of the 128. Question is how to trick TCM to accept 128/128 terminal type?

G George Dellaratta

There is a complete misunderstanding of the memory map and how to read the 128/128.  128M is RAM and 128 is flash.  The flash is broken down into 64M or NAND flash and 64M or NOR flash.  The application partition sits within the 64M of NAND flash.  The additional 64M of NOR flash is to be used by the object store and is not available for the application partition. If they need to make the application partition larger, then they must make the platform partition smaller. Or, better yet, build a CAB file that loads these additional application into the object store.

G George Dellaratta

Does the configuration display properly before BSP35 was installed? Does the configuration display properly after BSP35 was installed, but before the DCP5 image was installed? No, there is no separate DCP for 128/128 The config file doesn't change Unless they are using an older TCM rather than the one included in DCP5, then 128 is supported.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?