5181 Mounting

// Expert user has replied.
V Vedsatx Saddvv 2 years 11 months ago
0 4 0

Hi, Can the 5181 be mounted with the antenas pointing to the floor? Any sealing considerations?. Opportunity is into a gas bottling plant and C1D2 is a need but Plan Manager wants AP in the outside. We have a truck docks harbour covered by a metal roof and no poles in near zone so 5181's hanging head down is best option. Regards,

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

V Victor Rojas

Gustavo, it is completedly proper to install the antennas the way you are thinking of. Specially in an environment like the one you mentioned or a freeze chamber. The only thing I would suggest you take into account is how high that antenna will be. According to the specification guide, it has a beamwidth of 13° in the elevation plane. So the lower you can put it, the better.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Thanks gents for the contributions ! I'll take in mind all of your suggestions. Regards,

M Mark Mann

I would think mounting upside down would be okay so long as the antennas are vertical.  However, what I don't know if the current outdoor Heavy Weather Kit (

KT-5181-HW-01R

) protects the data cable side.  If not I would suspect some type of NEMA box be used to facilitate the more robust outdoor requirement. Cheers, Mark

F Fred Randt

Yes you can, we have done this at several site including in harsh enviroments such as in the northern states.  I am attaching a picture as an example.  We have not had to use any additional NEMA boxes as long as all water tight fittings are installed.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?