Dropping out specific VLANs on AP ethernet port

D David Taylor 3 years ago
0 0 0

My customer is looking for guidance on how to improve the functionality of their mesh network. For example, a mesh network with vlans 1,2,3, and 4.  They would like to just drop out vlan 2 onto the ethernet port and then serve local wired clients from that vlan.  Normally these vlans would be assigned to LAN1 and the trunking box checked, so he would need a switch to break out the different vlans.  If he can specify a single vlan to the physical port he eliminates the need for a switch, which is good because a lot of times it is a single computer he wants to serve. Is is possible to assign all WLANs to LAN1 on the base bridge (so they all come in on the trunk port), but then assign the ones you don't want to drop out at the client to LAN2?  That assumes LAN1 is mapped to the ethernet port.  I've gone through the manual a couple of times but the functionality of LAN1 and LAN2 in the AP is still eluding me. Ideally they would like to drop another vlan out on the WAN port, treating that like another LAN port.  In a perfect world the ability to remap the physical WAN port to LAN2 would be great since they don't need WAN functionality in their network.  It looks like the WAN port is hard coded with NAT and I don't see how to disable that. Any suggestions are appreciated.  David

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?