// Expert user has replied.
G Glenn Sobel 2 years 11 months ago
35 5 0

1) Time/Date - 2:30pm / 07/08/2009

2) Response time - 4 hr

3) Product - WT4090

4) OS Version - BSP35

5) Clarify Case # 1919480 Customer is UPS
customer using WT4090. Built-in to their application is to cold boot device when in Ethernet Cradle if date is older then present day to clean out old data (data uploaded each day) When device is booting up from the cold boot, the customer will intermittently receive the following error "ABSTART.EXE ERROR: 0S80000002". They do not use Airbeam nor MSP. Is there somewhere to look up what this error indicates? As per TA, ABStart.exe is in the registry to launch, check to see if needed and close if not.. Customer does not wish to disable the device from doing this, in case they decide to use it in the future, they want the issue fixed. Please let me know if there is a location that I can research this error code.

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

G George Dellaratta

0xC0000005 is an access violation.  An application is attempting to read data outside of its process space.

G Glenn Sobel

Thanks George Sent that information back to TA...

G George Dellaratta

Error code 0x8000002 is a Microsoft error code indicating an out of memory condition.  My guess would be that ABStart tried to grab a block of memory and couldn't.

G Glenn Sobel

Thanks George, forwarded info to TA. UPS will start debugging memory conditions during startup

G Glenn Sobel

Hi George / ECRT , customer came back stating getting another Airbeam error even though they are not using Airbeam .. Their software makes the device cold boot when inserted in the Ethernet Cradle and compares date of last upload to current date. Customer is UPS, just to reiterate. the error code  they received this time was 0xC0000005. It was helpful that you were able to state what the original error code was .. hoping you can do the same with this error code..

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?