In Call Phone Volume WM5 WM6

// Expert user has replied.
H Herbert De Jong 2 years 11 months ago
1 8 0

1) July 20 1900 GMT +1

2) 3 days

3) MC70x4

4) WM 5 OEM 5.43 WM6.1 OEM 1.09

5) Clarify Case # 1924474 need to find a way to have In call Phone Volume always set to max volume. When in a active phone call  Up/Down Buttons control volume of handset or speaker mode. When manually set to max in one call, this max setting will not survive a warmboot. you have to manually set it to max again. Was looking at following regkeys and they are changed with up/down keys.
5th notch in call volume:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone] "Vol"=dword:0000FFFF2nd Notch In call volume  ( Default value )

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone] "Vol"=dword:00003333

Setting this value with regkey is not setting the In Call Volume to maximumalso looked at this key but no joy either.HKCU/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/InCall/InitVol  changed from 2 to 5Is there some guidance  

Please register or login to post a reply

8 Replies

H Howard Laser

Ok, Ok, I get it. It should be obvious that if it occurs on warm boot , it most certainly will occur on cold boot.....but can you clear up these two conflicting statemants from earlier in the post. I was able totalk to Charlie U. this afternoon.  There is no way to assure that theMAX volume is set at all times.  The registry key provided will set theslider to the maximum setting, but if a user changes it, then theregistry changes too.  There is no key that only identifies the"default" setting.  The registry key identifies the last setting andwill use that value for subsequent calls.  Including across a warmboot.  Note, the setting doesn't take effect until a call is made. -with this one- FYI and others; Paul Hurford found this:
The real problem is that after a warm boot In call Phone volume defaults to the default - regardless of registry settings.

H Herbert De Jong

FYI and others; Paul Hurford found this:
The real problem is that after a warm boot In call Phone volume defaults to the default - regardless of registry settings.

I did find this API AudioUpdateFromRegistry() - its present but not documented. 

he wrote a script that detects the call is connected and then increase the volume using the WAV API - he will pass on the details to the customer of the API's so they can implement there own solution. Symscript is avail on request

H Howard Laser

Regarding this statement "The real problem is that after a warm boot In call Phone volume defaults to the default - regardless of registry settings" Will a cold boot cause same?

G George Dellaratta

Think about it............ Do you really need an engineering answer?

G George Dellaratta

Already asked.  Awaiting his answer.  I see he's not in the office today.  Perhaps he is on holiday.

G George Dellaratta

I was able to talk to Charlie U. this afternoon.  There is no way to assure that the MAX volume is set at all times.  The registry key provided will set the slider to the maximum setting, but if a user changes it, then the registry changes too.  There is no key that only identifies the "default" setting.  The registry key identifies the last setting and will use that value for subsequent calls.  Including across a warm boot.  Note, the setting doesn't take effect until a call is made.

H Hirokazu Haga

Still checking so be patient.

H Herbert De Jong

TA Andy Blake is asking following:
Both Paul Hurford & I have been trying to capture/change the ‘In Call Volume’ unsuccessfully, can you drop Charles Ubriaco in US Engineering an email asking him if he knows how to do this.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?