Any customers using SS1 stack but not using BT Explorer for printing?

// Expert user has replied.
H Hunter Bradshaw 3 years ago
0 4 0

I have a customer using the Stone Street One BT stack on the MC75 for printing but they aren't using BT Explorer.  Instead they are using the SS1 API's in the EMDK for C to control BT communications.  They are reporting intermittent problems opening the BT port.  A warm boot is sometimes required correct the problem.  Is anyone aware of any other customers not using BT Explorer, but the API's in the EMDK to control BT communications?  If so, are they having similar issues?  I'd like to compare notes (or source code if possible) to see if we may just be running into timing issues, etc.or if it may be a more serious issue with the BT stack.  The application developer for the customer has other clients using the same application on the MC9090 with no issues. Thanks, Ken

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

K Kjell Lloyd

Earlier this year we had a similar issues, bluetooth printing with MC75 and SS1.

All patches known back then was applied including  Bluetooth Explorer 2.1.1.26932.

Our partner tried to replicate the issue however it wasn't a easy task. What they notice that they could provoke it faster by removing the battery and insert it again then the issue did occur sometimes.

Anyway the solution to problem was to switch over to Microsoft BT stack then the BT connection worked much better.

T Thomas Cassar

What BT Explorer build version are you running?

H Hunter Bradshaw

Tom, We're using the build included with BSP 27.  It's v1.2.6 build 24708. Ken

T Thomas Cassar

Ken,

The latest build available in the HotFix downloads might be worth a shot.

Bluetooth Explorer 2.1.1.26932

One of the release notes: SPR16431/EPIC 28607: Resolved memory leak issue while using Provisioning API.

If it doesn't work, I suggest calling Tier 2 and opening a case.

Trying out build 26932, would have been the first thing they would have had you try anyway. Tom

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?