WS5100/Polycom 8030 Phones & WMM

// Expert user has replied.
J John Eveleth 2 years 11 months ago
0 3 0

Is anybody aware of an incompatibility with WS5100 3.3.2 and Polycom 8030 phones using WMM?  The phones will not connect when WMM is enabled on the switch, and Polycom is claiming it's a known issue with our switches (saying it's our issue since their phones work with Cisco with WMM enabled).  I have confirmed their phones do support WMM, issue is phones show a msg saying no WMM wlan available.  So no connection is attempted. Have we tested their 8030 phones with our equipment using WMM?

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

A Alona Gian

We are trying to get certified with Polycom for their WMM phones, but they still have not given us a test plan for this. In regards to 3.3.2 and WMM - other WMM devices work successfully on our infrastructure. We only discovered some small issues with TEAM phones in WMM mode which we fixed, but it has nothing to do with having no ability to even connect to WLAN or recognize it as WMM capable. 8030 phones are also looks like SIP phones and SIP is only supported since WING 4.0 release. Alona

A Alona Gian

We tested upcoming 4.1 release with 8030 phones (versions 119.045 122.020 122.020). Enabled WMM and SIP and had not seen any problems. Alona

J Jack Burleson

We have NOT tried the 8030 with WMM at my customers sites.    However, we are successfully supporting the 8030's with WS5100 / 3.2.0.0-40R firmware by using the standard SVP checkbox in the Wireless Switches WLAN config.  Unrelated but to good to note: We have noticed that the 8030's also seem to require stronger RSSI (maybe 5db) to operate well as compared to the older Spectralink i640 series of phones.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?