MC55 display quality

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
1 7 0

Team, Potential customer (Pepsi) sent to me the attached photo of the MC5574 screen displaying "washed" stripes on the contrast picture (Photo_090809_002.jpg). I've highlighted the problematic spots by yellow. The picture that has been used for the test is attached as well (gb.png). I tested it on my demo MC5574 (put gb.png on the device and click on it to open) - the same problem. Tried on MC75 (VGA) and MC70 (QVGA) - the picture is fine, no stripes. We're competing with CN50. I don't know whether CN50 has the same "feature" but general feedback from this and other customers is that CN50 display is better - more bright, crisp, whatever... Is it because of the hardware characteristics of MC55 display? Is it expected effect? Are there any tweaks in the video driver to cure this? Thanks, Valery

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

P Praveen Gudisagar
E Efkan YILMAZ

It's not gone completely but a lot weaker - at least on my unit when I change the screen orientation using control panel.

G Gene Niles

I believe some in engineering is looking this. In any case, if this is a released unit an SPR should be opened to see it through.

S Samuel Garcia Blanco

This issue was addressed and resolved under the SPRs 17710 and 17653. The fix will be soon posted.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Priviet Valery, Silly questions (maybe it's just useless red herrings ): What is the power mains frequency in Russia (50, 60 Hz?). Does this happen under sunlight too?

E Efkan YILMAZ

It's 50 Hz Not sure about the sunlight, my demo unit just went to another customer as well... But as said other MCs (and my iphone) are just fine with this picture.

M Michael Holman

Valery, I just compared my MC55 to MC75 and MC70 and the difference is clear. I then rotated the image on the MC55 by 90 degrees and the "ghosting" is gone. When the colors are horizontal you get ghosting, when vertical you do not. Not sure what help this but thought I would share.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?