Read DPM (100x100mm) Datamatrix from 1Meter distance.

// Expert user has replied.
A Arsen Bandurian 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

Hello, We have an opportunity for industrial application, where one needs to scan 100x100 DPM code from the ultimately heated object (~300C), so they require distance no less than 1 meter. Is it possible? DS3408-DP says 35cm See attached barcode image.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

J Jaime Weidler

Hello Arsen, I was able to print out a similar barcode from our own library here in NY.  I have a 144 module, 300 mil dense, 91 x 91mm datamatrix.  I was able to read this barcode, which is smaller and more dense the the barcode you describe with a DS3407-DP set in far focus mode from a distance of 3 ft.  My suggestion is to take both a DS3407-DP and a DS3408-SF and set both of them to far focus and try to read the barcode.  Due to the high contrast in the picture, the -SF scanner may be able to read the barcode without DPM capability.  In addition, if the -SF works, it should give you even more range than at the far end than the -DP scanner. Please let me know if this works for you. Jaime Weidler Product Manager Rugged Handheld Scanners.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?