MC55 - MC55 - QUERIES REGARDING REASON WHY KEYBOARD FIRMWARE UPGRADE IS NECESSARY

// Expert user has replied.
K Kenneth Ryan 3 years 5 months ago
5 7 0

1.  11:42 AM 10/22/2009 2.  3 Day 3.  MC55 4.  BSP 35 5.  1998029 The USB Modem Driver and Update Loader Image Keyboard Micro Firmware for MC55xx posted to Support Central at: http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&ext... specifies that the Keyboard micro firmware v4.2 is necessary.  It does not give any details why.  What issue does this Keyboard Micro Firmware v4.2 address?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

K Kenneth Ryan

Thank you Gene!

G Gene Niles

try SPR 16916. This was opened after we saw this as part of an ECG effort. I would suggest updating the release note to include the SPR number  once we figure this out.

G Gene Niles

I spoke to the custom products guys (Larry) and he tells me this was done to support the USB/modem cradle. They needed a way to detect the modem. Initalliationally this was a custom but is now mergeed into standard. As part of an OS update this is now a standard update so any new updates will rely on this newer version. You can also update the FW by itself via an independent posting.

G Gene Niles

I recall an issue not too long ago in which the KB FW was needed to avoid an unable to resume issue which was later made an SPR for the MC75. I am not sure if this is the same issue for the MC55. Someone would need to look up the SPR or posting documentation to see if that is why it was posted. It's also been a long time since I was invovled in the posting process but I would have thought we noted the SPR number somewhere along the way of the posting documentation. Perhaps we should start requiring that again. You can aslo try using the following URL to see if you get any hits http://techopsdev.mot.com:8080/TechSearch/pages/TechSearch.jsp

K Kenneth Ryan

Thanks Gene. Unfortunately there was no SPR number attached to this documentation and an SPR search did not yield anything regarding this. Hmmmmm.

H Hirokazu Haga

I believe this was the fix for MC75 keyboard issue Gene mentioned. I will find out who posted then get your answer.

K Kenneth Ryan

Bump.  Anyone?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?