Need input buffer size of MC9090/CE5.0 data txfer via single-slot RS232 cradle connection

// Expert user has replied.
H Howard Laser 3 years 5 months ago
4 3 0

15:30/10-26-2009 3 day MC9090/CRD9000-1001SR CE5.0 1999361 Does anyone know the size of the input buffer of an MC9090/CE5.0 transferring data via the single-slot cradle using RS232 cable?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

G George Dellaratta

The only hardware buffers are within the 16550 compatible UART.  2 bytes max - Receiver Shift Register and the Receiver Buffer Register.

H Hirokazu Haga

The app that opens the COM port allocates Rx buffer then pass the pointer to the buffer in the call.

H Howard Laser

I relayed the information Hiro provided and customer responded with the following: I am writing both ends of the serial communication. What I found was that it didn’t appear to make a difference how large I set my input and/or output buffers on either end when I step through the code the MC9060 is receiving at most 1553 bytes at a time.  I was wondering if there was a hardware buffer that is limiting how many bytes can be transferred at a time Is anyone aware of a hardware limitation on terminal or cradle?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?