Rename Connection Manager Profile Name via XML

// Expert user has replied.
M Mark Mann 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

Team, I have a customer asking to rename the connection profile "U1M Modem" to a different name on their MC55.  The customer installs a cab file from the USB Modem Manufacturer "CradlePoint" which then creates this Connection profile for "Hayes Compatible on USB".  Note this Modem option is not available until they load the cab.  I also had to create a CAB for them that would then add the Dialing String, User Name & Password to that profile (see attached called "U1Modem.CAB"). I've tried taking the CAB I made and put the new connection name but that does appear in the Modem Connection screen.  I did run across a way to delete the entire profile see attached (REMU1M.CAB).  However, I'm not able to create a connection profile.  Does anyone know what the proper XML format should be to acheive this? Cheers, Mark

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

M Mark Mann

Hi Dave, Greatly appreciate the information.  The information works with one exception.  The Modem Type is showing Cellular and I need to have it reference "Hayes Compatible on USB". Cheers, Mark

D David Dederick

Mark, Can you send me the cab that creates the USB port? That way I can try to glean the connection name. whq638@motorola.com Thanks, Dave

D David Dederick

Mark, Edit your setup XML file as shown below to have it included in the Connection Manager Modem listing -                                                                                                    Since I don't have your cab file that creates the USB connection I could not fully verify this solution. On my MC35 the connection defaults to the Cellular Line. Cheers, Dave

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?