AirDefense Capabilites

M Marcus Kurath 2 years 11 months ago
1 0 0

1) I was using an AP300 conveted to an AD sensor FW 4.5.1.4. I noticed that no information was populated in the Performance Health and Congestion categories. I then installed an AP5131 and noticed that I started collecting events for these categories immediately. The environments were the same but the tests were sequential. The AP300 was on line for 2-3 days, but the  AP5131 collected events within 1/2 hour Is there a specific list of the capabilites/limitations of the various sensor hardware? 2) I noticed that with either the AP300 or AP5131 used as a sensor, that a number of the events in the 802.11 Encryption and Advanced Key Generation are "greyed" out in the alarm configuration. There are some events in other categories What does the "grey" out indicate?  Are these events active with any of the advanced sensors(AP7131 or 520)? 3) I noticed that there was an event under  Configuration/ Compatibility called Device Streaming Traffic. I streamed a music radio station to a device on the network for 4 days and never triggered his alarm Any idea what triggers this event and why it would not trigger  when streaming a radio station(AP300 and Ap5131 sensors)

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?