DS6707 and Document Capture or Signature Capture

// Expert user has replied.
P Philippe Piemont 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

Hi all, I work on a RFP for the French Postal Office, we are promoting there the DS6707 for Document capture, OCR and when available signature capture. Do we have customer using one of these features of the DS6707? If yes do we have customer cases? I am looking for Demo applications and howto concerning SNAPI implementations on the DS6707, I have already DS6707Demos.zip (Symbol Imager Demos) I have also installed the SNAPI Developpment Kit available on the support site, but with the latest version I cannot save the pictures taken. Do we have some more applications and developpments guides, as I am due to present SNAPI and life exemples of the implementation of the DS6707 application. Thank you very much in advance for the help you can provide me Philippe

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Philippe, We have  couple of customers here in Russia which are using the document capture feature 1. Emergency Medicine Institute - a few DS6707, application developed by the partner 2. RosReestr - a big project for ~5000 scanners, inhouse application still under development. Let me know if you need more information

C Chris Brock

Hi Philippe, I noticed you had OCR listed as something you are promoting with the DS6707. Please be aware that the DS6707 does not suppot OCR. The DS6707 is based on our older decoder platform which simply does not have the CPU horsepower to run our OCR package. Barring an upgrade to the hardware (which is definitely not on the roadmap in any form) we will not be supporting OCR on this product now or in the future. As the DS6707 does take the best pictures of any of our imaging scanner products, however, perhaps a third party OCR engine running on the host is a possible alternative. -Chris

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?