Serial connector cup for MC55

// Expert user has replied.
A Afshin Mansoorieh 3 years 5 months ago
1 7 0

we have a customer who has older PPT devices that connect to a printer via a serial cable.  we want to help them migrate into MC55 which we do not offer a serial (RS232 DB9) cable. i am looking for any suggestions on how to connect the MC55 to their existing printers. thanks afshin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

K Kjell Lloyd

Hi Jiri,

I'm interested if the USB->Serial driver is working without any issues?

We have a company that made a vehicle cradle with USB to serial but the problem we are seeing is when you are doing a warm boot of MC55 and with the cradle connected a message popping up saying "New USB device detected" and if you enter the correct path to the dll it works fine. But this is something we would like to avoid for the end user to do. Today's workaround is injecting keys but this solution isn't 100% fool proof user could cancel the dialog window).

If anyone knows the best approach for installing 3rd party drivers please let me know.

regards

Kjell

J Jiri Novotny

Hi Kjell, we developed in Czech USB=Serial convertor based on FTDI chip. The demo is independent module now. We can produce modification standard charging cable. Jiri Novotny

J Jiri Novotny

Hi Kjell, we developed in Czech USB=Serial convertor based on FTDI chip. The demo is independent module now. We can produce modification standard charging cable. Jiri Novotny

A Afshin Mansoorieh

FYI, I have submitted a CPR to create this cable. if anyone else has a similar customer requirement, please feel free to reference CRP#6872.  our specific case, we need an RS232 DB9 connector at the end of the cable and can work with software flow control.  you may need to specify your own specific connector type and signaling requirements. thanks, afshin

A Afshin Mansoorieh

in case anyone else has customers with the same requirement, this CPR is now released and the cable is already available in Solution Builder (for sale in US only). part number is: 25-136283-01R

K Kjell Lloyd

Hi

Is this cable using the FDTI chip?

And if yes is the driver available for us to test?

regards

Kjell

P Praveen Gudisagar

The MC55 does not have a COM port connectivity externally. However a USB-serial converter could be used to connect the said printers. The FTDI USB-Serial Cable could be used to accomplish this. They also have drivers for the same. Refer to http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?