MK500 - firmware to scan barcode on mobile phone

// Expert user has replied.
D Dennis Loong 3 years 5 months ago
6 3 0

Hi Team, I heard that MK500 has been shown in recent NRF & demonstrated to scan 2D barcode on mobile phone.  I wonder if that firmware is release or not as we hv a potential project to use similar concept in a department store. Any input is greatly appreciated. thanx Dennis

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

D Dennis Loong

Hi Andy & Malcom, Thanx for the feedback Andy, I have tested DS9808 with the illumination mode which helps alot in scanning barcode from mobile phone.  The performance has increased & able to scan most of the mobile phones in the market which is pretty good. Since MK series is not available yet, when can we expect this?  As you mentioned that current MK paltform need to be updated, how do we handle those units that has been deployed in the field?  If Im sending a unit to you, how can I arrange that? Hear from you soon, thanx Dennis

M Malcolm Flood

The firmware I think you are refering to also applies to the MK4000, with other versions for 9808 and 6707. It 'blinks' the illumination on and off to limit reflection from the phones screen....I am not sure if it is generally available but Ron Ethe (6706) or Dave Turturro (MKs) may be able to provide it directly.

A Andy Doorty

Hi Dennis, There is demo code for the MK500 or MK4000 to go into the Illumination On/Off mode. To enable this feature,  the firmware on the imager engine and the scanner driver on the MK platform need to be updated. At this point in time it can not be done in the field. The MKs has to be sent back to be done by engineering. Also the API to enable this feature may not be the same exact one once this feature is fully released. Contact me for updating MKs.

The DS9808 and the DS6700 should have this in the later releases of the firmware.  I know the DS9808 has this feature in the standard release and should have been included around Oct / Nov 2009 time frame. I believe the DS6700 was at the beginning of Jan 2010.  Will check on exact dates for both and post it.  Andy

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?