Wavelink Telnet version on MSP

// Expert user has replied.
J Juan-Antonio Martinez 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

DHL in Spain is using MSP to inventory, provision and keep track of their terminals. Despite they are aware of Wavelink's plugin, the partner installed and configured all of them using Wavelink's PC application. Manually, of course. DHL wants to know if there is any way to inventory WL telnet version on terminals using MSP. CabInventory packet does not do, because telnet is preinstalled (I guess that's why) so it is not shown on "Remove programs". Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Thanks! Unfortunatelly, Telnet was deployed using WL's tool, not MSP. To write the plugin I need to know how to get telnet's actual version. Is it inside a file? Is there a command line argument (i.e, -v as usual) to get it programmaticaly? I guess I will raise this WL-specific question on the right forum (if any).

S Sean Wheatley

MSP can display the telnet package as an attribute for each device so if you had deployed Telnet using MSP you could see what version was on each device that way. Bear in mind it only reports the package version number and not the actual version of the Wavelink client, these are not necessariliy the same thing. For instance when you build the apf for the telnet client you can give it any version number you want but of course you would want to make it the same number as for the wavelink client itself contained in the package. The proper solution for you is a custom plug-in that queries the device registry for a specific key (you can make this anything you want) and makes that value an attribute in MSP. I know that this is something that the MSP BU are working on. I've used the Wavelink MSP plug-in but it doesnt appear to contain the version attribute that you want. The plug in development kit is available so it might be possible to create your own.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?